In-school dental care keeps your students in school and learning.
No Cost To Your School
Your Students Will Receive
Complete Oral Exam
- Oral Health Education
- A Report Card from the dentist
- A Free Toothbrush
Poor oral health among today’s school children is now a national crisis.
- Each year, over 51 million schools hours are lost due to poor oral health
- Tooth decay is the most common childhood disease – 5X more common than asthma
- Only 25% of Medicaid-eligible children get any kind of dental care
- Only 20% of the nation’s practicing dental-care professionals provide care to people with Medicaid
- 3 out of every 5 children are affected by tooth decay
- 16 million children lack access to basic dental care
American Dental Association Endorses School-Based Dental Clinics and Mobile Dental Services
The American Dental Association has voiced its support for school-based dental care, and recommended stronger language for a provision in federal legislation that supports mobile and portable dental services.
A letter from ADA President William R. Calnon, DDS and Executive Director Kathleen T. O’Loughlin, DMD, MPH states: